Thursday, February 21, 2013

Thomas Ligotti and Current 93 - The Unholy City


In 2003 David Tibet’s Dutro label released Thomas Ligotti's Crampton screenplay, and this release was accompanied by a six track CD by Ligotti entitled The Unholy City. As Ligotti described it, “These are spoken-word pieces backed by music that I recorded on my home 8-track recorder using my guitars and a synthesizer. The whole production is therefore quite lo-fi, even crude. The six pieces were inspired by the themes ofCrampton and the title of the CD is The Unholy City. It was a lot of work for me to put this CD together because I have no talent for the process of recording. Nevertheless, producing a CD that contained both words and music that I had written is something that I've wanted to do for a long time. I wish I had more time and energy to pursue similar projects, but I don't.”


0 comments: